Bollywood Megastar Salman Khan turns 48! The Bollywood Tempest wishes him a very Happy Birthday & many more years of great success!
Salman Khan born Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan on 27 December 1965 is an Indian actor, producer, television presenter, and philanthropist. He is the son of actor and screenwriter Salim Khan, Khan began his acting career with Biwi Ho To Aisi but it was his second film Maine Pyar Kiya in which he acted in a lead role that garnered him the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. Khan has starred in several commercially successful films, such as Saajan (1991), Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994), Karan Arjun (1995), Judwaa (1997), Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya (1998), Biwi No.1 (1999), and Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999), having appeared in the highest grossing film nine separate years during his career, a record that remains unbroken. In 1999, Khan won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for his extended guest appearance in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998). In 2011, he won the Screen Award for Best Actor for his performance in Dabangg and in 2013, he won the Best Actor Popular Choice for his performances in Ek Tha Tiger and Dabangg 2. Eight of the films he has acted in, have accumulated gross earnings of over INR1 billion (US$15 million) worldwide. He played leading roles in five consecutive blockbusters namely Dabangg, Ready, Bodyguard, Ek Tha Tiger, and Dabangg 2. He has starred in more than 80 Hindi films and thus far has established himself as a leading actor of Hindi cinema.
10 facts you didn’t know about SALMAN KHAN!
1. As a child Salman was an excellent swimmer; he was even considered to represent India at swim meets when he was in school.
2. Salman Khan has painted the Jai Ho posters – the actor is a talented artist. Some suggest that he has taken after his mother, who is an artist too. And the dabangg Khan is also passionate about photography.
3. Salman was offered Baazigar by Abbas-Mustan, but turned down the film after the makers refused to accommodate changes suggested by his father Salim Khan. The role went to Shahrukh Khan. Sallu said in an interview in 2007, “If I had done Baazigar, then there would be no Mannat standing in Bandstand today.”
4. While his contemporaries Aamir Khan and Shahrukh Khan have not shied away from kissing onscreen, Salman has refused to do so.
5. The actor is often seen at Bandra Bandstand riding his Mercedes bicycle with an entourage following him closely. Not many know that the Jai Ho star is also the proud owner of a two-wheeler collection that includes a limited edition Suzuki Intruder M1800 RZ, the Suzuki Hayabusa and a Yamaha R1.
6. Salman is also passionate about cars – though post the hit-and-run case he rarely drives. He owns a Lexus L470, Land Cruiser, an Audi R8 and a Mercedes-Benz.
7. Salman’s own brand Being Human is what the actor often wears these days in films, for television appearances and at events, but the actor also has a huge collection of Ed Hardy T-shirts, loves Armani and Versace suits, and owns an enviable array of Rolex watches.
8. Salman’s golden heart has won many fans as he often gives very expensive gifts. Kareena Kapoor Khan received a BMW for her Fevicol dance in Dabangg 2; apparently ex-girlfriend Katrina Kaif was gifted a 4BHK apartment in Bandra that cost a whopping Rs 10 crore; and Zayed Khan has been gifted many of Sallu’s own Rolex watches.
9. Apart from the very famous Galaxy apartment that Salman Khan lives in, the actor also owns a farmhouse in Panvel and a house in Hydra Towers, Jumeriah Village, Dubai.
10. Salman is a clean freak and is fond of soaps, especially those containing fruit extracts.